Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Today is the day...

I've been dreading. I went to the doctor this afternoon and babies are just fine and still kicking away, but I'm officially on bed rest. I was of course well aware that this could happen, but I still feel great so I was taken off guard, without a doubt.

Apparently, what I thought was one of my babies stretching out, was actually a contraction I have two or three of these "movements" an hour to which my doctor said to expect modified bed rest and then she did an ultrasound and sure enough I'm showing other signs of heading towards preterm labor. This means, not modified bed rest, but strict bed rest. So I made it through the first 2 days of schools and that's that. I'm officially on the horizontal for the next week and then we'll reevaluate. I still won't be  able to go back to work, but they may reduce me to modified bed rest. So all the good thoughts to keep me sane for the duration are welcome! I still have every hope that I'll be able to keep these babies baking until at least 34 weeks so I've got a good 3 months to make it through...

3 comments:

  1. Oh, Ariane!! I'm so sorry that you have to be on bedrest so soon but these babies WILL be worth it and I know you know that! Come check in to our board, we'll keep you company for the next 13 weeks =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear this Ariane! I have been hoarding all baby things for you and Marty. Please let me know if there is anything we can do. Perhaps bring you dinner some evening? If you're anything like me, you aren't great at reaching out for help, but we'd love to be able to help you in any way that well, would be helpful.

    So sorry about the bed rest. I can't imagine how difficult this will be for you.

    ReplyDelete