Friday, July 22, 2011

Accepting Stillness (among other things)

Anyone who knows me knows I don't spend a lot of my days unplanned, relaxing on the couch. I tend to overdo, overextend and over "yes" myself. Guess what? My body says that's not happening anymore. I'm learning to be still. Growing triplets apparently takes a lot of energy and if I don't give them enough energy, I feel really crappy and land myself in the hospital. They take what they need and leave mom hanging! In the summer, I usually work 2 or 3 days a week at some odd jobs, leaving the other two or three to keep my house clean, run errands, and work in my garden. This usually still leaves plenty of time for lunches with friends, playing in my art studio, yoga, walks with Jovian and lots of other summer fun. This summer I work 2 or 3 days a week at odd jobs and my house is a giant dust bomb, I rarely make a real meal (don't worry, that doesn't mean I'm not fitting in all my calories and fattening those babies up), and the weeds are certainly winning in the garden, because I nap and read and nap some more. I'm learning to accept that this is all OK right now, I have babies to grow and that is where the energy belongs. Tomorrow, I'll be 15 weeks which means we have 20 weeks to go to our goal date. Hopefully accepting stillness will get me there

P.S. Thanks for all the well wishes while I was in the hospital, being home is a much better place and I'm counting on that little stint in the hospital as time served, that means 5 less days in the hospital at the end right?!

No comments:

Post a Comment